There are three main programs within the School Nutrition Programs (SNP); National
School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program (SBP), and Special Milk
The NSLP and SBP is a federally assisted meal program operating in public and
nonprofit private schools and residential child care institutions. It provides nutritionally
balanced, low-cost or free breakfasts and/or lunches to children each school day.
Your Organization may be eligible for the NSLP and/or SBP if:
- Your organization administers one or more public or charter schools and has been issued a 6 digit county/district number by the Texas Education Agency.
- Your nonprofit organization administers one or more private schools of high school grade or under, recognized as part of the educational system in Texas.
- Your public or private nonprofit administers one or more residential child care institutions, which operate principally for the care of children. If private your organization must be licensed to provide residential child care services.
You are not eligible if your organization operates:
- Residential summer camps (may be eligible to participate in the Summer Food Service Program).
- Job Corps Centers funded by the Department of Labor.
If you believe that you meet these requirements and would like to apply for the NSLP and/or SBP click on this link: SNP Application
Please click on the following link Special Milk to determine if you might be eligible for the SMP.